Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Baby Loves Jazz


And so does mommy!
This disc is probably my favorite children's music disc of all time. I've spent a small fortune on music to broaden my kids horizons - Tom Jones to Barry Manilow and Abba to Shakira. You name it, we've got it. But this one is a particular favorite of mine.

I picked this up at the local Whole Fools Market this past Saturday (gotta love those impulse buys). The baby digs it so much it's awesome. He loves "Happy And You Know It" (track two). It's got this way awesome West Coast Swing rhythm and he claps along with it. As the saying goes "It's got a beat and I can dance to it!".

I think most anyone would love this. Let me be plain, it blows Baby Einstein CDs out of the water as far as listen-ability. First, it's REAL instruments not synthesized ones. Second, it's children's music done to adult rhythms (although I'd posit that Jazz transcends age barriers). This stuff SWINGS. I've counted West Coast Swing, Balboa, Lindy and Collegiate Shag (IIRC) among the rhythms. As a dancer, this thrills me to pieces.

A+ from the kids and 5 dance steps from me.


No comments: