Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Road Righteous?

May 10th, Instant:

I'm not prone to road rage. Really. So I'm a member of the VRWC (vast right-wing conspiracy) and have the blinkie to prove it...

Doesn't mean I go around blowing people away because they piss me off on the road...

That said...

What is is with people who speed? And I'm not talking about 5 miles over the posted limit. I'm talking about the drivers who are a blur when they pass you (on the right) and who ride your bumper because you slow them down to the posted limit or maybe 5 MPH over it... What's wrong with going the posted speed limit? 65 MPH is sufficient to get you from point A to point B in a reasonable amount of time. And if you MUST break the LAW, please do yourself a favor and get some goof-off and take all your "WWJD", "Praise Jesus" and "God is My Pilot" sitckers OFF your car. They mark you as a rank hypocrite. Especially when you flip the bird to the driver who is OBEYING THE LAW...

Let me state for the record that I'm Christian, so it's not on philosophical grounds that I hate seeing those types of stickers. I'm also not the *most* charitable driver on the road, so it's not that I have a problem givig someone holy heck for being an idiot on the road. Shoot, even my (almost) 4 year old daughter can tell who is an "idiot" or "moron" on the road. She can use those words properly in a sentence related to vehicular travel. My parents don't know whether to be appalled or amused by her when she points out the "idiot car" or "moron driver" that cuts them off in traffic. But at least I'm not advertising to the world that I'm a person of upstanding moral character by plastering religious slogans all over my rear bumper - even if I do call a moron a moron in the privacy of my own car.


No comments: