Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mend on Wednesday - A Day in the {Vintage} Life

After an uncomfortable night's sleep on the couch and waking to the World's Most Annoying Alarm Clock Ever™, I roused the children, got them clothed, off to school in time for breakfast (we were flat out of EVERYTHING) and got myself home before 9AM.

The husband was still sick with flu, so I worked around him, taking care of laundry and dishes and starting up dinner in the crockpot: Split Pea Soup. I also managed to color my hair as well, so I'm newly fuschia up top.

Because of the bruised tailbone, I had a physical therapy appointment the next town over, so off I went at 11AM. After PT, I headed over to Chipotle in search of gluten free, dairy free fixins for lunch before heading over to the school and on my normal rounds for the day.

After picking up the girls from school, we were headed to Girl Scouts when the leader called to let me know that there was a tornado watch in effect for our area and so she didn't want us on the road. OK, so we skipped that and the dance class and went home and did homework and played for a while while we waited for the weather. Which barely skimmed by us. It was, however, severe enough that we unplugged all our essential electronics! Hence my posting on Thursday.

I did manage to do some work on my middle child's ballroom costume for her first competition in July. I guess that counts as "mending".

No comments: