Thursday, July 15, 2010

On the road again…

Another day, another road trip. This time we’re headed off to Bandung. Please note the pronunciation is BAHN-doong. Not Ban-duhng. I don’t care if Anthony Bourdain says it the latter way. He’s wrong. I’m right.



After a couple of hiccups trying to find a restaurant that is fairly well-known and kid friendly… AND CLOSED, we ended up at “House of Risoles”. The food was very tasty. But the ice was deadly. But more on that later.

Here's a pic of the kids outside the restaurant...

Bandung is reknowned mainly for one thing: OUTLET SHOPS. Now I’m still not sure if “outlet shop” means “fell off a truck” or an actual outlet. Our destination in Bandung was Rumah Mode (roo-mah mo-duh) where I scored an Old Navy skirt for $10 and a Ralph Lauren top for $12 as well as authentic (if not really out of season) Disney Store merch. for $5 each. Picked up some Thomas “take-along” toys for $3 each, too. Unfortunately, the kids were antsy and I was feeling REALLY odd. Like passing out odd while there, so we cut our trip short. Remember what I said about the ice being deadly?


By the time we were on the way home, I was almost delirious and singing the theme songs to “Green Acres”, “Bonanza!” and “Mister Ed” in the car. My children were miserable and annoyed. But I had fun shopping, so the after effects of the “batu es” (glass of ice) were well worth it.


To Be Continued…


No comments: