Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chop Suey



In other words, this one's a mish-mosh post. And like chop suey, there's a little something for everyone.
We went to Central Park today. That's Central Park FAR EAST, not Central Park East NYC. And like pretty much every other mall in Jakarta, they're doing a special event for the 487th birthday of the Capital City/Province of Jakarta. Central Park featured Dora the Annoyer Explorer's "Explorers Wanted" expo. Fokloric dancers from around the world were a featured attraction.
While at Central Park - and you must understand that going to the mall requires at least 4-6 hours of the day - we ate lunch in the food court and dinner at Sushi Tei. We'd had a previous trip to CP either yesterday or the day before and had teppanyaki - the best I'd ever had. Which brings me to the next video segment.



Yes, my children have finally mastered the art of chopsticks and food. And I've got video proof. And the oldest finally decided she likes sushi. The real stuff, not fake-o California roll, either. Which is a good thing because if you're looking for California roll here, you'd be S.O.L. Which since this is a PG-rated blog, you'll have to for yourself.

In other news, I've come down with the "flu" (or as we know it in America - the common cold) not to be confused with the influenza virus. I've not got a fever, just coughing, sneezing, stuffy head, gee I could use some Nyquil about now so I can rest blargh. I've been dosed with anti-nausea meds, antibiotics (because EVERYTHING gets treated with antibiotics) and a combination cold/pain reliever. I'm on day 3 of medication I think. And I'm slowly getting better. And with that I'll leave you with the following...

No comments: