Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dancing With The Stars

Since I've made it fairly obvious in the past I'm a ballroom dancer, it should come as no surprise that I'm a big fan of DWTS (Mondays, ABC 8pm). So the following victims err celebrities are left:

  • Laila Ali
  • Billy Ray Cyrus
  • Ian Ziering
  • Heather Mills
  • Joey Fatone
  • Apolo Anton Ohno
  • John Ratzneberger

I'll be honest. Billy Ray sucks. He's got a 25 cent version of Kid Rock happening and it isn't working for me. That and the fact that he's the WORST dancer I've ever seen in my entire career. I've never met a guyI coudn't teach to dance, but I bet he'd be MY Waterloo. I'm surprised Karina hasn't lost it already.

After last night's show, I'll give you my prognostications of who is going to be in the final:

Laila Ali & Apolo Anton Ohno. Hands down.

What slays me is that the worst dancers get the worst music. It's like the producers are out to get them or something. Has anyone else noticed this? And for pity's sake, Paso Doble is Paso Freaking Doble. Don't try to use some modern shinola music and try to pass it off as Paso. We aren't being fooled and it only makes the couples themselves look like fools.

As far as choreography goes, even my 4 year old knows you don't bare your bloomers to the world. She had a choice comment for Karina's handstand and Billy Ray's assessment of her assets: "She shouldn't have DONE that!!!"

Please please please - a little more dancing and a little less flash and trash.

No comments: