Thursday, March 31, 2011

Market on Thursday - A Day in the {Vintage} Life

After running out of essential groceries like eggs and milk and not being able to serve even cereal for breakfast before school, I HAD to go to "market". Or as I like to call it SuperTarget.

Again with the morning rounds of drop offs, then to SuperTarget complete with Starbucks! then home again, home again, jiggety jog in the most NASTY weather ever. It was raining sideways by the time I got back home and unloaded. There were tornado warnings all day long, so I unplugged everything and listened to NPR on my MP3 player - yay for FM radio - and portable speakers while folding laundry, washing dishes by hand and so on.

It looked a little something like this...

Thankfully, we didn't suffer power outages like my family 6 blocks away! I was able to have a chicken in my (crock)pot with broth, onions, carrots and celery with a sprinkle of sage and salt/pepper ready for dinner with no fuss and very little muss.

I was able to finish my middle child's costume today including dance pants, crinoline and all. I must confess that it took me a WHILE to get motivated to even do anything because it was so grey and dreary today due to inclement weather. I was almost ready to pack it all in and take a nap instead, but I muddled through somehow.

Question of the day: When the weather is severe and you might be without power for a while, what do you do to pass the time?

No comments: