Sunday, October 07, 2007

It's Just Like Christmas In July...

But it's October...

So yesterday was Dad's birthday. I *think* he turned 63. I lost count after 60. Anyhow, after getting the requisite Superman stuff from the grandkids, he got THIS nifty thing.




It's a turntable that is USB and regular old RCA line-out. It rocks. Now, you may be asking yourself "If dad got this, then WHY is she blogging about it?"

Gentle readers, THIS is why. I didn't just buy one for dad, I bought one for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Costco has them for $119.99 each. We saw them last weekend and I told the Prince Consort that I WANTED ONE NOW!!! He of course laughed and said "Maybe for Christmas". I whined a bit more and conceded that Christmas was OK but that I STILL WANTED ONE NOW!!!!!!

So when I went to Costco yesterday to pick up the one for dad and couldn't find them, I freaked out. WHERE were they? And would I get one for Christmas??? I asked a person who looked like they were in charge (and gracious me, they actually WERE in charge) and that person (Hank?) helped me locate them. He told me they had been flying off the shelves. And when we found them, there were quite a few less than there were the week before. So, I was all set to check out, got in line and then realized that I might not get mine if I didn't do it NOW. So back I went and got ANOTHER one.

Let me tell you that this thing is AMAZING. I love it. I'm capturing albums (those 12" vinyl platter thingies) into digital format and it is good. Some of the albums I have are rare, out-of-print stuff that has never been and never will be released digitally. But now I have them captured forever muahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

No comments: