Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yawn... Cough... Sigh...

Since we last saw our brave heroine, she's braved the vicious beast "sickus maximus", scaled Mount K-HOP and grovelled at the feet of the gods of domesticity. In other words, life happened!

Faithful readers, this has been an incredibly stressful few weeks. You'll understand that I've not had as much time or energy to regale you with the Ongoing Adventures of the Destructive Duo and PukeBoy. Yes, things go to hades in a handbasket when the kids are sick. Moreso when I am sick. Oh yeah... And I don't mean THIS Hades...
Anyhow, what we've been up to:
The Elder Princess Ella began Kindergarden at home on January 15th. We use Hooked on Phonics Kindergarden and it is one of the finest (if not THE finest) resources for home educating I've ever encountered. I taught preschool (agese 2-5) and this far surpasses even the curriculum we used. All Hail the mighty HOP!
All the kids have been sick in rotation since my in-laws left. Thanks to my SIL we've been battling cold after cold. Now I'm sick and that is NOT GOOD. It means that all my plans get laid waste and the children eat Pop Tarts and whatever fruit they can scrounge for breakfast. Lorenzo the Magnificent has been so congested he throws up. This is NOT GOOD. I've been so sick I haven't changed clothes in 2 days (I think). At least it's fairly cold so I'm not sweaty...
Anyways, that's the update. Stay tuned because I have a LOT of things in my head I'm trying to work on that I want to share. You KNOW you don't want to miss out...

No comments: